Skip to main content

Hi all.

Nintex form - on-prem

With a form people picker control you can filter so only members within a particular SharePoint (SP) group are available to be selected as a person.

It seems to be in my environment that I can only use the default SP groups i.e. Site members, owners etc. If I use a bespoke SP group i.e. My Site Admin and Dev Team. Group, member names aren't resolved.

If I use a pre-built default group and it has groups within it I can resolve the nested group names, but not the nested group members.

Can I use my own bespoke SP groups and list of available users for a people picker control? Can it view nested group membership.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

SharePoint doesn't allow to put SharePoint groups inside a SharePoint groups..do you mean put an AD group inside a SharePoint group?

You should be able to filter a people picker in order to permit only members of a SharePoint Group but, and it's a SharePoint limit, not a Nintex one, if you have an AD group in it, you can only select the group and not a member of the AD group because SharePoint hasn't capability to expand AD groups.

Giacomo.

That would be it then.

Although I use AD groups all the time for security on my lists and libraries. So SP must be able to see inside of the group for group membership.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi All,

Did you found any solution for the above issue? I am alos trying to get list of users from a particular SharePoint Group on a Nintex form. Let me know guys, much appreciated.