Skip to main content

People picker control on smart form is extremely slow.  This will be an critical issue as it takes around 60 seconds to resolve after you type in search term.

I noticed some Lag sometimes using the control, specially when have about 4 Active Directory People Pickers and some Rules to pre-populate Email, Manager etc... to another fields automatically. Seems like not only gets slow sometimes the field does have enough time to load.

Ending putting a ReadOnly view for created items to Display as Text field and just the Entry Form with SMO to MS-SQL to have the picker from AD.

My experience was not about 60 sec. is much quicker, but makes me wonder where is really the bottleneck of this request, makes me wonder if the response time is a slow response from:

a) Browser

b) Black Pearl Server CPU/Memory utilization

c) Lag between request from BlackPearl and AD

d) The actual form that is having some Infinite Loop in expressions making overall slow

e) Network is just slow.

f) Some of the K2 Classes for the View Methods are slow ? / Maybe try directly the SmartObject Method 

A good idea will be to test with the response from the Tester and see what kind of results are retrieved.

This makes me think, if there is a Benchmark Testing Tool for K2 that takes all those variables and sumarize in recommendations to optimize the performance of the solution.

is this the fix?

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Performance-issue-People-picker-control/ta-p/91198