Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone may be able to offer some advice as to if it is possible to have the Create PDF method create a PDF of only a specific View on a form without printing the whole form.

I currently have a from with a view different Tabs that hold either an item view or a list view of a number of projects, i have added a PDF control to the List view and have configured it to run when a button is pressed on that view. When the PDF is created however it is creating a PDF of the Entire from rather than just that view so my question is, is it possible to have it create a PDF of just one view or will i need to have parts that need to be converted to PDF on seperate forms?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers,

Depends on how your View is set up. If it can run by simply passing in some paramaters, then you can try using the "PDF Converter" SmartObject "Create PDF From URL" method. Pass in the View's URL and parameters, and you should end up with PDF of the View.

See Step 18 of the following for the input values for the rest of the fields: http://help.k2.com/kb001398

Hi JamesHamilton

What I understood is, you are trying to create a PDF only some part of the form(Some views).

The easiest way to do this is, Place the PDF control on form itself and While clicking the “Create PDF button”. Hide the views which are not necessary and execute the create PDF option and then show the views again.

Ex:

Submit button

{

Hide view a

Hide view b

Create PDF

Show view a

Show view b

}

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your quick responses and both are good ways to achieve what i am looking to do and i will make note of these for future referance.

Thanks again for helping out as i am a little new to all of this.

Cheers,