Skip to main content

I'm just wondering how to overwrite an existing PDF when using the PDF converter for SmartForms?

I have created a SmartObject of Autonumber ID, Process Instance ID, & File, and I run it various times throughout my Workflow (basically anytime the form updates).  But it's creating a new record every time it runs.  I only want one record per Process Instance ID, so how can I pass the ID to overwrite the existing file?

Dear ,

Just correct me if im wrong ,
I do believe the pdf converter has an update method , so , wt u do is on the first time generating thhe pdf , add data field on ur form to recieve its ID VALUE. , when u generate it go to output mapping and return it to the data field , and on workflow/process initiation rule , send this value to a workflow data field , then on ur second activity smartform use pdf converter update method and use the id from the workflow data field , u could get the value by the configure of open worklist item rule in form initiation .

Hope it helps ,
Regards.

Dear ,

One thing tho , while i was checking ,  u may wanna check PDF File SMO , isntead of PDF Converter , hoping it helps ,

Regards.

Hi Ahmad, thanks for your response.

Yes, I had considered that approach but when you use the update method you still have to generate the updated PDF - the "FileName" and "Content" fields for the input mapping.  Unless I have missed something, there doesn't seem to be a way to generate the PDF without creating a brand new one & therefore creating a new record in the SmartObject storing the files.

Can anybody else provide some feedback on this?

See the picture and it works for me.

12152iE09F6D016FB4EB13.jpg

15325i044EB533EAAD7B9F.jpg

It looks like you're creating the PDF, copying it somewhere, and deleting it afterwards?