Skip to main content

I have a doc library with a workflow set to start when item created. My first activity is to send an e-mail notification that includes metadata from the document. The doc is uploaded to the library and then I am prompted to enter the metadata. However, since the WF starts right when it's uploaded, it sends the e-mail before I get a chance to enter metadata. In SPDesigner I used an action called "Wait for field change in current item". I think that something like this should be incorporated into the activity Start Rule. Anyone have a workaround?

Thanks.

Yeah I've run into that as well.  Try setting a start rule on the email activity to wait 1 or 2 minutes after the workflow was initiated to send the email.

You may also want to add a SharePoint Document event in the same activity that will get the updated meta data that was entered after the workflow started for use within the workflow like sending the email.

Hope this helps.

Tim

It's an interesting point. K2 blackpoint doesn't have a function that wait for a field value that match a specified rule? In K2 Documentation I found activiy preceding rule, but it's not wait but terminate WF if I didn't misunderstood...

There is some workaround this issue? (wait until a rule match)