Skip to main content

Symptoms

I developed an inline function that I successfully deployed to our development K2 server. It shows up in Visual Studio, and I'm calling it in the email events in my workflow (the workflow is a SharePoint Workflow Integration workflow and has several SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Events). When I call the function, I pass the participant name, process folio, originator name, process start date and worklist item link. The function returns a string that I use for email notifications. After I deploy and run the workflow, none of the emails get sent, and I don't see any errors in the event log (I have logging enabled). However, if I hard-code the parameters to the function, the function apparently works, because I get email notifications. Is it not possible to pass workflow-specific variables to a custom inline function? I've attached screenshots and the function code.

Diagnoses

Reviewing gK2].]Eventbus].]ClientRecorderError], we found the following error:
"The User properties are not available when the plan option on the activity is set to 'Plan Just Once'."

Resolution

Changing Destination Rule from “Plan Just Once” to “All at once” under Plan per destination in Advanced Destination Rule resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!