Skip to main content

I have a partner in France who is struggling with the K2 blackpoint RTM install.

On install he gets the following error:

Arguments: 
Exception: La valeur n'était pas valide.
Nom du paramètre : sddlForm
StackTrace:    à System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier..ctor(String sddlForm)
   à SourceCode.SetupManager.Program.ensureUserPrivileges()
   à SourceCode.SetupManager.Program.Main(Stringm] sArgs)

Error

He gets this error as soon as he tries to run the setup installer, and doesn't even get to the first screen of the wizard.

He has the following on his client machine.

I have a windows vista ultimate edition in the client machine (French edition)
- dotnet framework 2.0 and 3.0 are installed by default in windows vista ultimate edition.
- I have installed visual studio 2005 professional edition (french edition).
- silverlight 2.0
- windows workflow foundation extension for visual studio.
- and Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects.

He has installed successfully with Beta 2 in the past but now with RTM can not get the installer to run.

I have informed him of the following as well:

- logged onto the domain and not onto your local computer when you are trying to run the installation
- to ensure that the groups that his user is part of is domain users, domain admin and local domain

If there is a known issue or a quick workaround please advise. This issue could be related to http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/29167.aspx .

Thanks
Nicholas

Update from the partner, he now has this resolved... 

Hi Nicholas,

I have installed k2 BlackPoint for client machine with domain global account and the problem is resolved

thanks.

I am getting the same type of error:

Arguments:  

Exception: Value was invalid.

Parameter name: sddlForm

StackTrace:    at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier..ctor(String sddlForm)

at SourceCode.SetupManager.Program.ensureUserPrivileges()

at SourceCode.SetupManager.Program.Main(String(] sArgs) 

This is for the English version and I'm trying to install right in my Virtual PC which is Windows 2003 SP2.

Any ideas? 

I just saw your note about installed as a domain user. Do I have to have my machine on a domain to install blackpoint?? I am just trying to install on a standalone Windows 2003 virtual box.

Hi toddkitta

Yes, K2 Blackpoint uses Active directory so you have to be a member of a domain and the user you want to install it with has to be logged onto the domain and not the local computer.

Hope this helps,