Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm trying to create a workflow where there are mutliple approvers for an approval step. The names of the approvers come from a SharePoint person field which is entered in SharePoint while creating the item. I have tried setting the SharePoint approver field as the destination user, but this does not work.

Also, the appoval should complete onyl when all the approvers have approved. Please help. Thanks

Hi Vijaya,

Would you please describe how your destination rules are setup in your workflow?

Kind regards,

Yannick

Hi Vijaya

Please see the attached document that gives you a detailed step by step on how to create a parallel approval process with K2 for sharepoint. Should the document sufficient help, please provide us with screenshots of how your rules and destination rules are set. 

Kind regards

Nelly

Hi Yannick,

I'm very new to K2 . 

In SharePoint, the approver field has the values User1; User2.

While setting the destination user, I'm splitting the string "User1;User2" with the delimiter ";" and then appending the domain name "dev".

So my final string would read as devUser1;devUser2

I have not set any outcome rule as I'm not sure how to do this.

Hi  @nelisiwe,

Thanks for your response. The document explains serial approval where the user's manager is approving the request. I'm after parallel approval, where the request is routed to more than one user and every destination user needs to approve the request before the status changes.

Thanks.!

Also, please note, I'm using K2 Studio as my understanding is that this is not possible with K2 designer.The SharePoint version is 2013.

Hi Vijaya

I think its safe to say you can achieve this by using slots. You can set the destination rule in your process that will only complete your process or change the status once the slots have been filled. 

There is alot of documentation on slots in K2, this is the planning process used in k2. Have a look at the following documentation and see if you will be able to use the infomation provided to resolve your issue: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.4/Destination_Rule-Destination_Rule_Options.html

Kind regards

Nelly

Hi Vijaya,

I have found documentation about setting up destination rules which  gives varoius examples of scenarios and outcomes. Please have a look at the link below and specifically "Scenario 3" which is what you are trying to achieve.

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearluserguide4.6.8/webframe.html#PJO_Scenarios_and_Outcomes.html

HTH

Kind regards,

Yannick