Skip to main content

I installed the client tools for K2 on Win 7 (x64) , VS2010 SP1. The install completed successfully.
On brining up visual studio I get the following error:
The ’SourceCode.VisualStudio.WorkflowPackage, SourceCode.VisualStudio, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToke=16a2c5aaa1b130d
package did not load correctly.
The problem may have been caused by a configuraton change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by running
the application together with the /log parameter on the command line, and then examining the file ’blahActivityLog.xml’
Continue to show this error message Yes/No

I have noticed the same error happen on Win XP running VS2010(without SP1)

The ActivityLog.xml file has the following 2 errors:

SetSite failed for package cSourceCode.VisualStudio.WorkflowPackage, SourceCode.VisualStudio, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d]

End package load SourceCode.VisualStudio.WorkflowPackage, SourceCode.VisualStudio, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d]

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and I've figured out what causes this.

If you have K2.net 2003 Studio installed on your computer and you upgrade to KB1350 then you get this error when Visual Studio 2010 loads and you cannot use the K2 integration in Visual Studio 2010.

I'm investigating this with K2 support, but at the moment all I can offer are a couple of workarounds.

Here are some workarounds:

1. Uninstall K2.net 2003 Studio. On a computer without K2.net 2003 Studio installed the upgrade will not cause this error.
  2. This error does not happen on Visual Studio 2008. You can continue developing in Visual Studio 2008 (if possible).
  3. K2 Studio works without any problems. You can develop your processes on K2 Studio if you do not require any custom code modifications.

When I have a solution I will report the solution back to this thread.

Regards,

Hi Johan,

That worked! Hopefully k2 support will have a resolution on having K2 2003 client compoenents exist side by side with BlackPearl client components.This seems to be a break in behaviour from the pre 1350 update since I had both working side by side before installing this update.

Have you al all tried to install K2 2003 studio after installing the the blackpearl client components?

Thanks.

Hi Johan,

I was able to get past the errors after uninstalling K2 2003 studio and reinstalling VS2010 + SP1 and then the BP client tools.

Before installing update 1350 I had a few K2 2003 process definitions that I migrated over to BlackPearl. These used to open just fine in the K2 designer in Visual Studio but now they do not open at all!

I'm getting error dialogs with the following error message:

"Value cannot be null. Paramter name:path1"

I have added a screenshot of the error. Have you encountered this at all?

12065iCEC24D815BE9FA81.jpg

Hi,

I think you get this error because the K2.net templates are no longer available in Visual Studio because of the package load failure.

I have received a workaround from the K2 Labs Support team on how to resolve the initial error. Here are the steps:

1. Make a backup of your devenv.exe.config file (C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 10.0Common7IDE (32-bit OS) or C:Program Files(x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0Common7IDE 64-bit OS).
  2. Open your machine.config file located here: C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727CONFIG (Do not use the Framework64 folder)
  3. Navigate all the way down to the end of the machine.config file and look for the section that starts with: <sourcecode.configuration>. Copy the entire section from this file.
  4. In your devenv.config file look for the same section at the end of the file and replace this section with the one copied from the machine.config file.
  5. Back in your machine.config, search for the following two sections and copy the entire sections:

1. <section name="SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient" type="System.Data.Common.DbProviderConfigurationHandler, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
    2. <section name="sourcecode.configuration" type="SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager, SourceCode.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d">

6. Back in the devenv.config file, look for the <configSections> section and copy the above sections into the configSections section. Make sure not to replace any non-K2 related sections which are already there.
  7. Save the devenv.config file and Open Visual Studio 2010.

I hope these workaround steps will work for you. If it does not replace the devenv.config file with the backup you made.

This was logged as a bug and will be fixed in a later K2 release.

Regards,

Confirmed that this issue still exists in 1370 build.