Skip to main content

I have packaged a process from our K2 Development Environment and trying to deploy it to our test environment. Everything passes analysis but when deploying I get an error.  The error occurs when trying to create the service instance. Any ideas what could be causing this? I am deploying from my machine.

15137i8F01E82E22892019.png

This error seems to indicate that perhaps it was not successful in creating possibly a 'SQL server' service instance?  What type of service instance is this?  Usually the database server and/or databasename is different between environment; is this the case?

I believe when creating the package; variable can also be created for the SQL server service instance so that it can be selected/configured per deployment.

It may also be that somehow that from the destination K2 server, it is not able to connect to the SQL server/database that this service instance references.  A good test would be to see if you are able to register the same SQL service instance manually using the Smartobject Service Tester tool in this destination environment.

Dear ,

I do beleive that i have faced similar issue , and it was an issue caused by wrong Connection String configuration ,

go to ur production environment --> workspace -- >Management --> management console --- >Environment library -- >Templates -> Default Template --> expand ur production environment , and check the "SmartObject server" configuration and make sure its correct ,

Hope this helps!

Best regards.