Skip to main content

I have a process that is used to upload files to a Sharepoint library along with the document metadata. I have also incorporated an Infopaht form upload event that allows user to re-use the form to update the documents in the library through the form. The Smartobject create method does not allow files with the same name to be uploaded without error. Does Update Document do this?

Part of the process is to set an expiration date for the file with the ability to update this file through the form. This is not an issue if the files have a unitique name. The main issue is that 30 days prior to the expiration date, there is a consold app that sends out notification of the impending expiration based on the set expiration date. I wouldl like to either replace the file as a version when the document is updated, which would prevent erroneous notifications or, be able to set the statue of the old file with a Sharepoint data column which would effectively turn off the expiration notification for the old file. The problem is with the current create method is that the new file is only added to the library it doesnt replace and their is really no tie to the old file that would allow me to trigger an update metadat to make this work....any suggestions...Im almost there.....!

Be the first to reply!