Skip to main content
Hello,
I am testing the OutOfOffice functionality in my development environment. Users open their tasklist from SharePoint. InfoPath is the tool for filling out and submitting the forms.

Scenario: User1 sets up an out of office flag to redirect worklist items to User2. The redirect is working. User2 does get the worklist items, both through the SharePoint webpart and through the K2 Worklist component. User2 is able to open the form and does have a submit button. However, when User2 goes to submit, InfoPath comes back with "InfoPath cannot submit this form". "Access is Denied". My thought is that the CanISubmit function in the K2V3/InfoPathService/InfoPathService.asmx is stopping the submit. Shouldn't User2 be able to submit? I did verify that they can create a new request and submit the form, and that they can submit forms that come to them from a normal (non OutOfOffice assignment) route.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.
Christine
Please have a look at the following post:
http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=1046&highlight=denied
Hi -

I followed your link that you suggested, and my Authenticated Users have read/write permissions on both folders.

The users can submit a form without a problem when it is assigned to them from the "normal" workflow. The same set of users get "Access Denied" when the form is assigned to them due to someone being "Out Of the Office" and forwarding their worklist items to them.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Christine
I think that this issue is related to insufficient permissions on 'C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files' and 'C:WINDOWSTemp' directories. Try to give 'Authenticated Users' read and write permissions on these directories.

The reasoning behind this is that when the web service that starts the K2 process from InfoPath is called it looks in these directories for the K2ROM.dll. If the file is not there then it must be copied into the temporary folder. If the user that the web service is impersonating does not have read/write permissions to these folders you will get an access denied error.
Thanks for the postings. I think my problem was due to the fact that I was doing a "Run As" versus signing into the PC with that ID. Once a signed in with that ID, it seemed to work. Odd in a way, since I can do a "run as" for normal workflow forms, but not for forms that were "rassigned due to OutOfOffice". Anyway, the end users won't be doing a run as (I was just testing and it is faster to do a run as), so I think I am all set.

Thanks.
Christine