Skip to main content

When saving my custom code in the Client Event, I’m getting out of memory exception thrown error message.  The second error message is saying that I don’t have enough storage to complete this operation.

Microsoft Visual Studio error messages:

1.       Exeception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.

2.      The operation could not be completed.  Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I ask the admin to restart the K2 blackpearl service on the K2 server.  That works for a day or two. 

How much memory do you have on your server and on your client machine and the server? What are the technical specs?

I'm not sure how much memory we have on the server.  But, my pc has 2.99 GB of RAM. I noticed that there is a Extender Projects folder.  Do you believe this has something to do with my pc memory issue?  All my server code events are temporarily stored in this folder when I open the project. 

It very well could be your client machine. I am assuming that you are running version 803 of K2 and that fixed a great deal of memory leaks that I know of in the Visual Studio integration. It still happens, just not as often. I have also seen it happen when I have an error in the code and I will get an exception of ' ' error. Then when I try to save it gives the system out of memory. I have just learned to save very often and then restart visual studio. Sometimes I will reboot the machine just to clear out the memory.

From what I have see when it happens on the server side you will get a line stating out of memory in the output after a build.

HTH.

We aren’t running version 0803.  We just got things working with SP1. 

Yes, I save every 10 minutes and I restart VS and reboot my machine.  I believe the only solution now is to upgrade to 0803.   I’m afraid once we upgrade the project with SharePoint integration will not work anymore.

Thanks for your help

Your welcome. Upgrading to 803 will help considerably. Be cautious of hitting cancel when running any wizards though. I have had it crash many times when that is clicked.
I hit cancel all the time.lol