Skip to main content

When trying to customize a K2 SQL report in Business Intelligence Development Studio I’m having trouble ordering the data on several columns on a report that uses the “Activity Instance Destination” data source from the Report Designer.

I can’t order on Activity_Instance_Destination.List.Folio or Activity_Instance_Destination.List.ProcessInstanceID when opening the rdl file in BI Studio. For example trying to order on Activity_Instance_Destination.List.Folio gives an error "Cannot find column Folio." However ordering on Activity_Instance_Destination.List.StartDate works fine.

Is it not possible to order on Folio?

Hi,

This message normally shows up if you try to do an "ORDER BY" in the SQL Query of your dataset. Currently SmartObjects do not support the ORDER BY clause. I think that Report builder is trying to add an ORDER BY clause to the SQL statement when you select Folio as the sort column. It might not be doing this for the StartDate column.

I could get around this by sorting the group containing all my fields. There I could select the folio field. Since this does not modify the SQL query it works fine.

Let me know if it works for your report as well.

Regards,