Skip to main content

Hi, 

I'm running into the issue with the worklist opening into the same window as the previous worklist item. I need it to open in new(_Blank) windows. I found the solution to modify the script in the following KB http://help.k2.com/kb000632 to open to a new window.  

Couple questions:

1. Does anyone know if this is this still valid in 4.6.7? Is there a better way?
  2. If K2 Blackpearl is updated (future updates) will it overwrite the modified script file? 

thanks, -Jason

From the worklist web part settings, in the Worklist Settings section there is a setting to specify whether to open the task in a new window or tab (depending on the browser setting). Leave the check box selected to do this.

15358iA390D4CF578CE996.png

Yes that is selected.  Unfortunately all that does it force it to open in a seperate window with the name of the form.  If the form is left open and you click on the worklist to open another worklist task item it opens to the same window.   I assume it's using the form name as the window name.  I need to be able to either dynamically specify the window name or open the new task list item in a _Blank or _New window. 

If you copy and paste the code block from the KB, the double quotes seems to be a different encoding.  As such, I would just add the code manually in your editor (typing it out), as this would usually provide the correct encoding.  Also change the capitalize "If" to "if"

if (Target!="_self")
 Target="_blank";

* Copying produces ” instead of " when typing.

** Javascript is case-sensitive, as such change the capitalize "If" to "if"

Additionally, there are two "Open the worklist item" nodes when searching for the place to insert this code in the file, one corresponds to clicking on the actual task list item, the other correspond to using the drop down options and selecting "Open"; add it to both location if you want this behavior for both.