Skip to main content

I am using forms authentication with active directory and when i open a connection to my k2 server i need to use those credentials, but every way i try it, it uses windows authentication.  Any idea?

Thanks

By default, K2 is set to use Active Directory as its user manager ("ADUM"), but K2 also has a separate SQL User Manager (SQLUM) component that can be used.

Using an alternative user manager ('UM') other than Active Directory can be done with K2.net 2003, but requires K2 to know where that repository lies.  

Currently, K2 only supports one or the other mode (ADUM or SQLUM), but can't mix the two concurrently (also known as "Multi-User Manager" or "MUM"), Impleenetation of a MUM fuctionality is provided via custom development, typiccally provided by K2 partners.

Download the K2 SQLUM from the Portal. Once you download and install SQLUM (it changes the User Manager settings on the K2 server), you can then create the users and groups in the database and then set the ASPX forms to "Forms Authentication" and it will go thru the SQLUM database to validate the user login and pass those credentials  on to the K2 Server for interacting with the workflows.

Hope this helps.

- Dave

let me try to explain this a little better.  I'm using forms authentication with active directory so the current user logged in isn't the user logged into windows.  I can impersonate the user that logged in, but after i do and i try to open a connection to K2 using that impersonated user i get the following error:

Unable to connect to server k2 on port 5252 connect failed: No such host is
known. 

so I really need to know if this is possible and if it is what i need to do to fix this problem. 

Thanks

Nick

ok, interestingly enough, the server was down when i tried that last time.  heres the actual error:

Unable to connect to server k2 on port 5252 connect failed: The requested name
is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. at Client.Throw(String s,
Exception e) at Client.Connect(String Server, Int32 Port, String ConStr) at
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.Open(String Server, String ConStr)