Skip to main content

When I try to run any of the out of the box reports, I get an error

For example the Activity Statistics report gives me the following error:
The path of the item '/Standard Reports/Hidden/Activity Statistics' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash. (rsInvalidItemPath)

Has anyone encountered this before?

I am running K2 Blackpearl SP1, with MOSS2007, everything is on a single box.

Reporting services is running integrated with Sharepoint. According to this link http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/21864.aspx, this may cause problems?? Can anyone confirm this? I am not really in a position to have another instance of Reporting services running, so would love to get this working with in SP integrated mode.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

At this point, the K2 [blackpearl] reports do not work with Report services running in integrated mode.  It might be different for the later releases (though I have not heard anything on this yet).

If you want to save on the licensing, the only option at this point is to see if you can run the reporting services component on the same box as the SQL server.

Once this is done, also make sure that the K2 Workspace server has the SQL Reports Viewer 2005 SP1 redistributable installed.

Hi Johnny - thanks for the very quick reply!

Unfortunately, not really what I wanted to hear ;)

I will have to look into a separate install of reporting services....

Thanks again for the very prompt reply!

OK, so I now have a separate instance of Reporting Services installed, and have re-run the configuration manager, and am still getting errors

Eg if I run the Process Activity report I get the following error:

The item '/Standard Reports/Hidden/Process Statistics' cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)

All reports give me similar errors.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get this working?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would check the following.

• Is the Report Viewer 2005 SP1 redistributable installed on K2 Workspace server.
  • Is the Reporting Services Web site installed and functioning correctly?
  • Can the K2 reports be executed directly from the Reporting Services Reports Manager?

Placing the Reports server on another machine typically means that there is a triple hop authentication involved.  i.e. from the client to K2 workspace to Reports Server web service to SmartObject Server.  This means your Kerberos delegation setup probably needs to be configured correctly before this can work.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have actually installed another instance of report server on the same server, so everything is on one box - kerberos should not be an issue here.

The Report Viewer 2005 sp1 redistributable is installed on the K2 server
The reporting services web site is installed, and appears to be functioning correctly.
but
I can't see any K2 reports under the reporting Services - at what stage are these created? Do I have to do a full re-install of the product, or should running the configuration manager do the job ?

I have run the configuration manager to point it to the new report server instance, but this hasn't seem to work.
I have also done a repair installation, but this didn't seem to make a difference either.

Thanks for helping me out with this!!

From what I recall, the reports and data sources are created during the installation or repaired during a re-configuration.  However, you mentioned that you are installing a second instance on the same server.  I am not sure how that would impact the report creation.  If you have the installation and configuration logs, it might be worthwhile to review them to see if the installation has any issues.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks very much for your assistance.

I have looked through the logs, and there are no errors - all entries are marked as "info". I can't see anything that indicates that there was a failure to install reports.

I can't see how running 2 instances on the same box would cause any problems - it sets up a separate virtual directory for the new instance, the location of which I am setting in the configuration manager.

I can actually see a list of reports at the following location:
C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlConfigurationStandard ReportsHidden

These appear to be the ones that I need?

Do I need to map a virtual directory to point here or something? Maybe copy this directory somewhere?

There must be a way of fixing this without completely uninstalling and reinstalling?!?

Thanks again for your help - I'm looking forward to getting this sorted out.

My suspicion is that it is still trying to create the reports using the first instance as I do not recall that the installer gave any option to pick which RS instance you wanted.  At this point, I think your best bet would be to log a support ticket to check to see if there is any workaround for this (and to also see if this can be enhanced in the installer).

Hi Johnny,

Thanks very much for your assistance on this.

When you run the configuration manager, you do get to choose the virtual directory (which corresponds to the instance) for reporting services.

Since I am currently running an evaluation licence (as I am trying to evaluate the product), I'm not going to be able to raise a support ticket. I will keep trying to get it working and let you know if I get anywhere.

Thanks again for your help

Any solution to this?  I am having the same problem.

I still don't have a solution to this.

I had a K2 consultant here, and he hasn't been able to work it out either. I have now removed all instances of report server and reinstalled as the default instance.

I am now in the process of completely reinstalling K2, however I am getting an error in the configuration manager -
"Connection Failed: The specified user does not have permission to connect to SQL server reporting services (user Name: DOMAINUSERNAME)

If you continue, the Out of the Box Reports will not be configured correctly.

I have followed through the install instructions to the letter, and have made sure all permisssions that are mentioned have been setup, so I am a bit confused as to what the #*&&*# is going on here.

K2 - any more ideas on how to get this going?????

From the error message, I guess you are installing build 0803.  The authentication mechanism to test the connection has been changed in this build.  Essentially, you have to configure the kerberos delegation for the workspace account for this to work right.

Make sure you have the following done:

1. Configure K2Server and K2HostServer SPNs on the K2 service account
  2. Create your Workspace account and configure delegation using kerberos protocol to the above 2 SPNs.
  3. Configure the Reporting Services site app pool account with RS service account.
  4. Configure the RS site to use kerberos using the adsutil.vbs command.  i.e. cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/<RS site ID>/AuthenticationProviders "Negotiate,NTLM"

Once you got this done, click the Test connection button again and it should work.

If it doesn't, you might have missed something.  To troubleshoot further, turn on Kerberos event logging and it will help give further clues.

I hope this helps.

Hi Johny,

In K2 Workspace, while generating the report for Smart Object I am getting this error.

An unexpected error occurred, please review the following information: No SmartObject definition in Store for : Case_Details_SO with Method : spu_OnlineEnquiry_K2CaseInformationDetails Version : 11 

Please help me out to solve this error, its very very urgent.

Thanks in Advance,

Seeshil Kumar