Skip to main content

Symptoms

This isn't so much an error message as it is a warning message that I am unsure of the implications. I just recently (and finally!) got an upgraded computer which came with new versions of software like Visual Studio 2013. So this morning I want to open a workflow and received a warning message from Visual Studio below and attached in a screenshot. Basically I just want to know how this is going to affect my workflows.

These projects are either not supported or need project behavior impacting modifications to open in this version of Visual Studio. Projects not displayed either require no changes or will automatically be modified such that behavior is not impacted.

One-way upgrade
Visual Studio will automatically make functional changes to the following projects in order to open them. You will not be able to open these projects in the version of Visual Studio in which they were originally created.
>MYPROJECT]

Non-functional changes required
Visual Studio will automatically make non-functional changes to the following projects in order to enable them to open in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1. Project behavior will not be impacted.
>MYPROJECT]

Diagnoses

The warning which was surfacing was due to the upgrade to VS2013. I told the customer it was ok to move forward and migrate those projects to VS2013. However, the customer ran into another issue that surfaced because the solution file was empty.

Resolution

Their were multiple issues on this ticket:

Issue 1: The solution file was empty. This is an issue with VS2013 changing the permissions on the solution to read only. Once the customer changed these back to the correct permissions, the issue was resolved.

Issue 2: After the permissions were changed, when deploying the process another error surfaced. This was related to InfoPath forms. The error was the cabinet file has not been successfully created. The solution was found in the user environment variables. By changing the values of the TEMP and TMP user variables to %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalTemp, the process would deploy correctly.

Be the first to reply!