Skip to main content

Edit: I don't know why this is doing this, but I got it to load quickly. Here are my observations:

• Create a Drop-down List, set its field to the corresponding smartobject property, then set its data source: Methods execute horribly slow.
  • Set up SmartObject associations and then generate the view so it makes the drop-downs for you: Methods execute horribly slow
  • Create a Drop-down List, set its data source, then set its field to the smartobject property: Methods execute quickly.

Can anyone tell me why this worked?

SmartForms Version: 1.0.4

k2 blackpearl Server: 4.12060.1560.0 (Version 4.6.6)

I've written some custom Static Service Objects that interface with our Altiris helpdesk system. Our main object, WorkItem, has several properties that map to lookup tables. Each lookup table has a corresponding SmartObject with one method, GetAll() (every lookup table has no more than 10 items in it).

Problem: Calling my WorkItem's GetByNumber method from a View is terribly, terribly slow and sends a very large amount of data if I use a Databound Drop-down list for its ID fields.

If I generate a SmartForm View for WorkItem, using only textboxes, data retrieval is reasonably fast, and ReturnResultsText sends back about 64,000 Bytes.

When I change the CloseCodeID control on my WorkItem View to a Drop-down List and set the list's data source to the CloseCode object, save the view and then run it, the service hangs for several minutes before displaying three ReturnResultsText size messages of 2 048 063, 1 091 197, and 463 906 Bytes.

If I erase the Field property of the drop-down, the view loads fine. I can also map my CloseCodeID field to a Drop-down List filled with static values (100, 200, .., 900) and it works fine.

Has anyone run into a similar problem?

Hi Jacis,

I cannot confirm why exactly you are experiencing this behavoir. However it could possibly be a bug. I would suggest logging a ticket with support if resolving this issue is of urgence to you. It will be investigated, and possibly logged as a bug if that is confirmed. 

Thanks, 

Isaac