Skip to main content

Dear Experts,

One of the view has a dropdown list control which is bound to a stored procedure smartobject. I did some change in the smartobject . Now, I could not able to edit the view, it throws an error message.

The SmartObject dbo_XXX or one of its components could not be resolved.
Error Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objecte] Parameters, Booleane] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objecte] Parameters, Booleane] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.GetSmartObject(Guid guid)
at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.ExpressionHelper.GetViewFieldName(View view, Guid fieldGuid)
at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.ExpressionHelper.GetValueDisplay(XmlNode node)
at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.ExpressionHelper.GetNodeDisplay(XmlNode node)
at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.ExpressionHelper.GetFunctionDisplay(XmlNode node, String symbol, XmlNode funcNode)
at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.ExpressionHelper.GetNodeDisplay(XmlNode node)
at SourceCode.Forms.Views.PartialPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Hi IPO

Open the smartobject in the smartobject tester and check that you can execute all of the methods. If one fails then it might mean there is a problem with your smartobject.

Thank Andrew,

I know the smartobject created from Stored Procedure has a problem. Before I modified the stored procedure, its smartobject properties is mapped with the view control and I modified the stored procedure and changed the input parameter field to different name and that created a problem in the view, not allowing to edit the view at al. It just shows blank if I try to edit and throw object reference not set error. How to troubleshoot such situation. 

IPO

Open your smartobject in K2 Designer and check that there are no missing service object methods. Open each method and check that parameters and properties are correctly mapped.