Skip to main content

I have a smartform that is intended to kick off a workflow. The workflow is currently deleted at the moment, so there shouldn't be any WFs asscoaiated to the form at the moment. Upon submitting the smartform, i get an error. Note the list item is created correctly. I think this may be related to WF deletions and re-deployments. See picture and corresponding error details below:

12509i76CC256700170C6D.jpg

Details:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Type:
ClientException
Source:
SourceCode.Workflow.Client
Method Base
Member Type:
Method
Name:
Call
Module
Scope Name:
SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll
Declaring Type
Full Name:
SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection
Stack Trace:

at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.Call(ArchiveX ar, MessageType msgtype)

at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection.CreateProcessInstance(String ProcName, Int32 Version, String Layer)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.StartProcess(String processXml)

at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Hi Coru

Have you looked at the rule on the submit button click event to see if it is still trying to start this workflow? Even though you deleted the workflow this will not have removed any rules that try and start this workflow on a form.

I deleted the save button and made another button that is supposed to kick off the workflow-"schedule." It was working correctly before I did a bunch of deployments/deletions. I checked this button and there is no rule to kick off any WFs there. 

Not sure if it is important to note: I have been using a mix between k2 studio/k2 designer. I have deployed WFs from both. I'm in the middle of training and trying to figure out my preferred method for creating WFs. 

Thanks

Coru, what version of blackpearl are you working on? There was an issue with previous version(s) to 4.6.8 that caused issues when deleting workflows.

Hey Andrew. Where can I find this information? Does it say in k2 workspace somewhere? I wasn't the one who installed k2

Okay. I figured it out. I'm on blackpearl server 4.6.7. 

Most likely the problem then?

Hi Coru

It may be the issue. I had an issue when deleting a process that it also deleted versions of other workflows (some database procedure bug). To check if this is an issue open your K2 management workspace and expand each process node and the versions and see if you get an error.

If this is not the case then double check the form to see if there are any references to a workflow. Check it in and then open Package and Deploy and create a new package with this form in it. P&D should report an error like "missing reference" if the form is still associated with the workflow.