Skip to main content

When trying to deploy a workflow, I get the following error in the Web Designer

Error: FAILED - C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlProcessesaustin.baileyobjDebugDeploymentaustin.bailey.msbuild(59,5) : error : SmartObjectServer Exception: The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D024)

In the Event Log I see a bunch of errors from K2. Mainly around this type of message.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: K2SPWorkflowIntegration:Asp.Net
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  8/31/2007
Time:  3:03:23 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: NEUPORTAL01
Description:
pClientEventService:GetWorkflistItem], System.Net.WebException: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Objectm] parameters)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Client.SharePointService.GetK2Process(String K2Server, String UserName, String K2ProcessXml)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.WebControls.K2InstantiationWebControl.GetK2Process()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Hi ,

Please make sure that that "Distribute Transaction Coordinator" service is running on the SQL and  K2 blackpearl] servers. Check this by opening the services snap-in via administrator tools.

If your SQL and K22blackpearl] servers are not the same server you will have to also do the following on both the servers:

•  Go to 'Administrative Tools' > 'Component Services'
  •  Navigate to 'Component Services' > 'Computers' > 'My Computer'
  •  Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'
  •  Select the 'MSDTC' tab
  •  Click on the 'Security Configuration' button
  •  Enable the following : 'Network DTC Access', 'Allow Remote Client'and 'Allow Inbound/Outbound'
  •  Reboot server

Hope this helps

Gert

We are having similar issues. 

I have verified that the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service is up & running on the sql server & k2 machines. I have verified that the "Allow Remote Client" and "Allow Inbound/Outbound" options are checked on the sql server & k2 machines. When I try to deploy a smartobject I get: "The transaction manager is not available".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You might want to try running DTCPING tool to see if there are any errors.  Did you also happen to install the servers from a cloned image?  Sometimes duplicate MSDTC guids causes the same errors.