Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am getting following error: SorceCode.Workflow.Common.EWS:Stream was not readable.

I am getting this eeor in worklfow email event. I have designed worklfow using K2 web designer.

Everything was working and suddenly it started to throw this error.

Thanks,

Aditi

Hi Aditi,

I'm just taking a stab at this because from researching, it seems like this is not an error we have any well detailed record of (well there's one, but it's not been solved yet).

So from some digging I found that a stream represents a sequence of objects, which can be accessed in sequential order. Typical operations on a stream include reading, seeking, writing, etc. One of the analogies describes a conveyor belt coming towards you or leading away from you (or sometimes both). You take stuff off an input stream, you put stuff on an output stream. Some conveyors you can think of as coming out of a hole in the wall - they aren't seekable, reading or writing is a one-time-only deal. 

From first glance it looks like it's having an issue understanding the EWS. Exactly when are you seeing this error? When you try to deploy the workflow in? 

Again, I'm reaching, but have you double checked that the EWS string is correct in the Connection String Editor; have you also tested the EWS in the setup manager to see if that is successful? 

Hi Alyssa,

After further analysis I found that the error is because of PDF attachment. If I remove attachment from email, it goes through to user.

It was all fine but I think something has changed on server which is causing this issue. Now this issue is with all the worklfows which have email activity with pdf as attachment.

I am trying to find that internally what has changed but was looking here if somebody has any experience with it or can help me.

Thanks,

Aditi