Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has solved the problem I'm facing.

The scenario I'm trying to solve is as follow: A WCF service starts a process as a part of a bigger solution. When the workflow ends I want to notify the service who started the process. That way the service can pick up changes made in the workflow and continue with other work.

Is there a way to do it using the default message bus on the K2 server, or do i have to create my own custom notification provider (and if so, does anyone have examples of this)

Thanks in advance

Depending on your specific requirements, I don't know that you have to get that complicated. If you design your process in such a way that it will always reach a point you designate as "end" you can then use a event to call the service in question and provide the information you require.

You could go into workspace and register a custom notification provider to hook into the event bus to do what you want as well. You can read more about that functionality here: https://www.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/current/default.htm#Custom_Notification_Provider.htm

Good luck!

S.