Skip to main content

Hi All,

Just hoping someone may be able to help me out with some ideas on how to achieve the following (or if it is possible at all).

Consider the following scenario:

- A task is assigned to USERA
- the task is then delegated (either directly, or because USERA's Out of Office is on) or redirected to USERB

When the task is delegated or redirected, I would like to send a notification email to USERB to let them know that they have a task which they must complete

Currenlty, all of the processes use email events to send notifications, so that the messages could be customised.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how to approach it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Edit: I am using k2 blackpearl 807 565

Normal

false
false
false

EN-ZA
X-NONE
X-NONE

Please check the status of the task item, if the items
status is “Open” the notification mail will not be send, but if the item is “Available”
the mail should be send. This is logged with K2 to be addressed. The inconsistence
in the notification mails when redirecting / delegating.

This functionality however works correctly in the K2 4.5 releases.

HTH

Vernon  

Hi Vernon, thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry - it appears I haven't made myself clear - I will try to clarify...

We are NOT using K2 standard notifications, as we are unable to customise the message that is sent out - all notifications are sent using a mail event to the destination users.

I guess what I am really wondering is if there is an event that fires when a task is redirected or delegated to someone else - if there is, I could write something that hooks into this, and sends an email to the person that the task is redirected/delegated to.

Please let me know if I need to clarify the requirement further.

Thanks again for getting back to me

Arduk,

You can do this using OOB features. On your delegate event include the custom mail event. Capture the UserA's identity on the process somewhere and make use of the same to send the email

hi Maxpirate, I am not sure I am following you here - I am probably missing something - what do you mean by the delegate event? Is this an actual event that fires when a user delegates a task?

the delegation/redirecting of the task occurs when a user chooses "Redirect" or "Delegate" from the drop down menu that shows up for each task in the task list

it is when the end user delegates or redirects a task that I want to be able to notify the user that they have a task in their task list...

I am hoping that your answer will still be correct, so if you could provide more details, I would be very grateful.

thanks again for your assistance!!

Hi Arduk,

I have the same problem. Were you able to solve this issue? I have K2BP 4.5. I tried both options of notifications: by setting up an email event in the workflow and also by using the Notification event designer in the Workspace, but none of them worked.

Thanks,

So far, I have not been able to solve this.

maxpirate, you have suggested your own post as a solution, perhaps you could have a look at the comment I posted after your last comment and give us some more information, as it wasn't clear to me what exactly what you are saying to do.

Thanks in advance!

I actually have a support ticket in regards to a problem I'm having that sounds like what you are trying to do and was just informed that it has been confirmed as a bug and will be handled with high priority.

The bug has to do with the process data not being available when a worklist item is delegated, which causes any emails for delegated tasks to not go out to the user if a customized email is being used with process variables within the email.

Not great news, I know, but at least it is something that is logged and should be getting fixed.

Regards,
Greg Andora

I have no idea if you ever solved this. I am currently using 4.5.  All of my activities have a custom email event and then the client event contained within the activity. When that activity gets redirected it causes both events to fire to the new destination user. First the email event and then the actual client event. So there should be nothing extra to do when redirecting an activity.

Hope that helps.

I haven’t solved the issue. The problem comes up when I try to redirect through the workspace (either by redirecting the item manually or “Out of Office” is enabled). It works fine if I create a Redirect Escalation in the workflow, so I’m guessing you redirected the activity through an escalation. Is this right?

My fault, I went back and retested after I posted that. In the reporting it appears that the email was sent again but in actuality it was not. My apologies.