Skip to main content

After I've installed the K2BP on my dev/client machine (studio, documentation and conf. manager) things were working fine (except that I could never run Environment Settings Property Wizard). But after some time the top icon (environments) dissapeared in the K2 Object Browser. I've tried to reinstall K2BP but it doesn't help. I write in the development server during the setup and it connects fine to the database during the process but after I've installed it with no errors there is still nothing in VS2005...

Any ideas?

16772iDC8C67C435ECD796.png
What happens when you click on the other tabs on the left side of the object browser? 
They're working fine...

I believe that bottom tab icon is the Environment tab, so can you see everything in it?

No. That is workflow context browser...

Hmmm. Do you have a project open in VS and if so, what type of project is it?
K2 empty project or K2 Workflow project...

I have experienced the same error myself on two occations. The first time VS 2005 hung and had to be killed, the second time I got a OutOfMemoryException in VS. Afterwards I get the same error and an error that the root element is missing if I attempt to save any process.

The solution is:

• Close Visual studio
  • Delete "blackpearl.config"  in C:Documents and SettingsgUserName]Local SettingsApplication DataSourceCode Technology Holdings, IncK2Environment LibraryBLACKPEARL
    blackpearl.config is most likely corrupted or at 0kb.
  • Reopen the solution and everything is fine.

You absolutely rule!

Ha, simple solutions to big problems!

Thanks a lot!