Skip to main content

Hi

I am having a k2 1420 farm installation for 3 servers; all the 3 servers are  windows 2008 r2 standard

this question might be silly but this is what i noticed.

1. if you open the K2 documentation : "Installation and Configuration > Getting Started Guide > Environment Configuration > Windows Server 2003 Configuration Requirements > Set up NLB" you will find a setup for NLB for windows server 2003

2. Now if you open the documentation : "Installation and Configuration > Getting Started Guide > Environment Configuration > Windows Server 2008 Configuration Requirements > Windows Server 2008" you will not find a setup for NLB for windows server 2008

does that mean that i dont need to setup NLB on 2008 server?

Hi I am having a k2 1420 farm installation for 3 servers; all the 3 servers are windows 2008 R2 standard

this question might be silly but this is what i noticed.

1. if you open the K2 documentation : "Installation and Configuration > Getting Started Guide > Environment Configuration > Windows Server 2003 Configuration Requirements > Set up NLB" you will find a setup for NLB for windows server 2003

2. Now if you open the documentation : "Installation and Configuration > Getting Started Guide > Environment Configuration > Windows Server 2008 Configuration Requirements > Windows Server 2008" you will not find a setup for NLB for windows server 2008.

does that mean that i dont need to setup NLB on 2008 server to construct a K2 farm?

any body!!!

Is there a need to setup NLB on 2008 server to construct a K2 farm?

Yes, if you do not have another load balancing technology, you need to setup Microsoft Windows NLB for on Windows Server 2008 for a K2 farm environment.  The instructions we provide for Windows Server 2003 should map to the Window Server 2008 environment as well.  If you need more detail, I'm sure we can answer your questions here.

I found this information available in our K2 blackpearl documentation.  This applies to K2 blackpearl 4.5 + 1420 as well as 4.6.x builds:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.1/before_settingupnlb.html