Skip to main content

I have sharepoint list with Nintex workflow.

Now my requirement is, I need to create a site workflow with 2 conditions:

1) when the record  is more than 30 days old and in-progress state the status should be changed to cancelled

2)  Once status is cancelled,i need to kill the instance of workflow. Stop the workflow.

Otherwise that workflow will be running forever even if we archive the records.

I have achieved the first  point, but got stuck in the second point.

Please do the needful.

does your workflow waits on a task to be approved?

most of the task actions have ESCALATE option. if you configure it, it closes the task after defined period of time. you can as well configure your custom specific outcome if task was closed due to escalation. based on outcome you can then act accordingly, eg. change the status to cancelled and end the whole workflow.

Thanks For your reply.

Yes its waits.

but my requirement is I need to run the site workflow where, when the records are older than 30 days and workflow associated column is "InProgress" state, I need to terminate the workflow/Kill the instance of the workflow.

how to achieve this in site workflow,

hm, why would you want to forcibly terminate workflow when it is possible to finish it in a normal way???

if you insist on your idea then you could follow design depicted in this blog - Site Workflow - Document Review Date Approaching Reminders 

just instead of reminders make a call to Workflow.asmx webservice to terminate a workflow(s) on outdated items

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/sdk2013/#Reference/SOAP/NW_REF_SOAP_TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem.htm%3FTocPath%…