Skip to main content

Hi,

My company is currently looking at the option of purchasing Nintex forms. I was wondering if someone would be able to provide benefits of Nintex forms vs InfoPath (besides the fact that InfoPath will eventually go away).

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Here are two helpful slides on this :

Comparaison_forms_infopath2.png

Comparaison_forms_infopath.png

With the enterprise version of Nintex Forms, you can perform SQL queries and Web requests directly in Nintex Forms.

From my point of vue, the main benefits of Nintex forms vs InfoPath are :

• you have access to the Nintex Workflow constants (if you've already Nintex Workflow)
  • you have access to the user profile service using the userProfileLookup function in the calculated values
  • you have access to the workflow variables (if you are designing a Task form in a Nintex Workflow)
  • the form designer is browser-based (no other software to install and maintain)
  • you can manage mobile devices
  • there is a mobile application which has an offline mode (to fill forms and edit tasks)
  • you can publish forms in Nintex Live (the forms are accessible from the Internet by Anonymous users or by users authenticated with their email address)

Hope this answers your question

Great post Caroline, it is important to point out that those slides are quite old as well.. And as Caroline said, y9ou can now call SQL And Web services from Nintex Forms. With the Mobile capability added, you have Offline access, Barcode scanning, Geo-location, picture and video capture and upload (Think factory floor / Field type forms).

We also have a great great set of new features coming out in January which I can't disclose just yet happy.png But will see a some hot items from http://nintex.uservoice.com ticked off happy.png  If you would like to jump on a call with one of the Technical Evangelists, to run through this stuff in more details just shoot me a note.

One thing to add other than InfoPath is going away, is you are promised by Microsoft that they will not patch bugs or make any improvements. The next event for InfoPath is it's retirement.

Thank you all for the responses - very much appreciated!

-Greg