Skip to main content

I have a list that I am using a customized Nintex Form.  When I view the display form on most of the list items, they open fine.  I have one list item where I get an error that says:

Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.
I created a default SharePoint Form to view the raw data and it looks just like all of the other list items.  This happened to me in task lists before after publishing a change to a workflow.  All old tasks would throw this error when trying to open.  This is the first time I have seen it happen in a regular Nintex list form.

Looking at the Correlation ID messages on the server logs, the error message says:
The encoding in the declaration 'utf-8' does not match the encoding of the document 'utf-16LE'.
I have compared data from list items that open in the custom form and the one that doesn't and there aren't any differences to the data.
Any suggestions?

Question - if you go to a previous version of the form, can you view it? Or is it only this version?

Do you use Lookup fields within your customized form? If yes, please check the permissions of the the list which is connected. 

One of our users also told me that he gets an unexpected error while opening a customized form. I find out that he did not has permission of the item which should be displayed via lookup in the form. That was the reason why the form crashed in our behavior.

Cheers, Phillip

I haven't updated this form for months.  It only happens on this one list item.  It's in production so I can't go back to a previous version.

This form does have a lookup and the user does have permissions on that list (I'm a farm admin).  It only happens on one list item, which is why this is so confusing.

Update::

I used Ontolica Fusion to make a copy of the list item. This tool is able to do a deep copy (copy hidden fields) so I only lost my version history.  When I tried to open the new item, I received the same error.  When I compared the raw data to another list item that did open, I could not find any difference in the data.

SOLUTION:   I gave up trying to get the list item open.  I used SharePoint Designer to create a new SharePoint "NEW Item" form and used that form to manually create a new item using the data from the item that wouldn't open.  After I created the new item, it would open in the Nintex form just fine.  I deleted the old item that wouldn't open in the Nintex form.

I realize that this isn't really a solution.  I had hoped to get a root cause for this issue but I was spending too much time on one list item and my users needed to get back to work.  This same behavior has happened to me in the past with Tasks.  When I would publish an update to a task form, currently assigned tasks wouldn't open anymore.  They would throw the same error.  I have a question open on that issue as I don't see how publishing a change to a task form would break existing tasks.

Is there a solution?

I get the same error. We have a list, Nintex form, and Nintex workflow that we use as a template for different departments. I'm wondering if the error has something to do with that. Did you reuse any existing elements of your process or did you create it all from scratch?

I have the same issues. Some list items are okay, some list items can't open. I did IISReset all the servers and repuplish my form. It does not help. Who can help for the right direction? Thank you!

This one is not solved like marked! Sometimes we get the same error and there is not really a solution. Do we get an information from nintex support team?!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Marc