Skip to main content

Hi!

I have a problem with people picker field.

Q: How can I hide certain panel from current user if she/he is the same as selected in people picker -field?

When setting up a formula in condition there's not people picker control in Named controls even though it is named?

Urgent help needed happy.png

Sorry, can't get it to work.  Let's say people picker field is called Maintenance and formula is...

({ItemProperty:Maintenance})=(Current user)

this is not working...

Make sure you are using == in the comparison

({ItemProperty:Maintenance})==(Current user) not working ...:(

Hi Sari,

The reason {ItemProperty:Maintenance} is not working is due to the item property field being empty until the item is actually created.

I believe you may be on an older build of Nintex Forms, as more recently, Form Designers can now use the People Picker named control.

I recommend upgrading to the latest build of Nintex Forms, located here: Product Downloads

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Your values do not equal mostly likely because your people picker value truly is domainusername  and your current user value is "I:0#.w|username".   You can use the runtime function substring with userEquals like this:

userEquals(substring(current user, 7, 50), PeoplePicker ControlName)

You can use the format value feature to get the email values with using substring. See Using the Format this Value Feature 

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any answer to this? I have the same issue with 365. It would be best if I could compare CurrentUser to Name text box rather than people picker, but if I could just get it working at all it'd be great!!

Thanks happy.png

Hi,

Just had to do something similar in on premise but it should be ok in O365 too.

I could only get this to work in script, I ended up creating a hidden field on the form to store the current user then I could compare it when parsing the people picker field using the code snippet below.

var people = NWF$("#" + peoplepickerid).val();

var peopleArray = JSON.parse(people);

NWF$(peopleArray).each(function () {        

//you can get at the login via NWF$(this)F0].id or email from NWF$(this)F0].email 

});    

Jan

Give name to that control and based on that create rule

@Michael your formula is good, unfortunately the created by value is not coming at all, tried to put the values in single line text box.

Hi ‌,

were you able to resolve your issue?

if so, could you mark the answer that provides the proper solution as correct?

#BRGreview

Please I need ur help , if I have Nintex form and I need only who create the item can edit the controls???

Try this one. In List - >Go to list settings - > Click Advanced Settings 

202118_pastedImage_4.png

Click Save.