Skip to main content

Greetings all,

I am looking for some information I can delv into to accomplish a specific task. On my Nintex form I have a field that is currently set as a multiline field. This would cause my users to input a line hit enter add a line hit enter, ect..

I am wondering if there is something that can guide me or assist me to be able to put that field as a single line text and use a "add" button at the end of the field to add the input to the form and for each consecutive add it would addendum the information. So when the user is done adding multiple entries it shows what has been entered and then submits it with the form. Hope I explained that correctly....

Thanks,

Pete

MultiLine Text Field

You can use a repeating section control, the only problem is that the data will be saved as xml format if you connect the control to a field. Using a workflow you can extract the data and save to another column if you want.

Refer the below link for the detail steps:

if you want to copy input from single line text control to multiline text control, you can do it with javascript.

not sure whether it's an option for you.

Hey ‌ - did any of the above comments help you out? Let us know by selecting a correct answer.

Cheers!

Rhia

‌, I think I already did. Yes is bold when i see it and if I click it unbolds and if I click "Liked" it drops to 1 instead of 2. I appreciate the chat, I try to stay on top of selecting the correct answer lately as I know others will need to find similar articles for assistance. Sojan and Chaitra did have the the best possible assistance.