Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm fairly new to K2 so bare with me if this seems a silly question.

I've set up a really basic expense approval process based on an InfoPath form. I'm trying to get the form emailed to the originator as an attachment once it has been approved/declined.  I'm encountering problems sending the email message. The error in the K2 management console says:

"Invalid character in Base-64 string".

It works ok if I don't put a .xml file extension on the File Name field in the Mail Event Wizard's Attachment screen, but then it comes through to Outlook as a .dat and I was hoping for .xml so it would be recognised as something InfoPath can open.

Edit: this gets weirder. It always seems to work when there's no attachment and never when there's a .xml attachment.  The weird bit is it seems to work sometimes with an attachment with no extension but not others. If I remove the attachment, fire off an email with no attachment, and then rebuild the project with an attachment (no extension) it seems to work. If I add the .xml extension, rebuild it, process errors, remove the extension and rebuild it - I get the error message and no email!! It's bizarre! 

I'm sure this must be possible and I'm just doing making a schoolboy error somewhere, but I don't know where.  I think I'm using the right XML field (in the tree structure) for the attachment because if I force InfoPath to open the .dat it displays what I want.

XML Fields
+ ExpenseApproval
 +ExpenseClaim                 <-- I'm using this field for the attachment.
   +MyExpenseClaim
     + FormField1
     + FormField2
     + FormField2

Any ideas what I can do?

Be the first to reply!