Skip to main content

Hi everyone

I am trying to evaluate BlackPoint (trial version) by attempting to recreate a SharePoint workflow which is attached to a Form Library. I have an InfoPath 2007 form which I have published to my dev server. I have activated the form template to the site collection and then added the content type to my form library. I can sucessfully open, fill out and submit my form and it appears in the form library.

When I attempt to open K2 Web Designer from the form library I get the error "When using an InfoPath form you need to first publish it to the form library".

Any ideas?

Thanks

You would need to use K2 Studio in order to bind to a Content Type Form.  The web based designer can only bind to the form library template.  That is why you are getting that error.

-Eric

Thanks - that makes sense.

So in Studio I've created a process using the InfoPath Integration Wizard, but when I expand my SharePoint site in the Process Helper I see the form library - but nothing underneath where I would expect to see the published fields/columns.

Am I missing something else basic?

Mel

Sorry - I should see my forms views in the Process Helper - but I don't.

I don't see the form's fields in the context browser either.

click the process tab in the K2 studio ribbon and run the Infopath Forms Wizard.  This will allow you to point to the Form Library and the Form Content Type.  The Process helper is geared more for the simple case of having the form published directly to the library than to a content type.

-Eric

<light goes on>

Thanks again. Wish that had been mentioned in the 'getting started' help or video tutorials.