Skip to main content

I am very new to K2 smartforms, and I would like to know what the best approach is to creating a standard look and feel for my forms?

I downloaded the ThemeBuilder utility, and I think I can use that well enough to create some standard colors to apply as a theme.  I have a company logo image that is a .png with some transparency set on it.

The "tricky" part (that shouldn't be tricky) is that i want a banner to go across the top of my form that has my company logo on the left hand side of it.  The banner should be able to adjust width with the form, while maintaining the same height.  I.e. if people resize their window or view it on different size monitors, it should always span the entire width of the form, but the banner height should remain the same.

Ideally, I would like to build this as a view or something so that it is a resuable piec that I can quickly/easily add to any new forms I create.  I am imagining that I could create a form, then just set the theme to my custom theme (to gett he form colors), and slap on the header view to get the logo/banner across the top.

Can anyone explain to me how I can achieve this.  If this is not the best or right way to do it, please tell me how it should be done.

Thanks.

Forcing a standard uniformity across your forms sounds like something you could accomplish with some CSS which can be used on smartforms.

There is a full detailed tutorial on custom themes here:

help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/devref/current/default.htm#Custom Themes.htm%3FTocPath%3DCustom%20Themes%20%7C_____0