Skip to main content

Hello

I am having this problem where I get the error net_io_connectionclosed.

I get this error sporadically, though it seems like it only happens when 2 or more emails are  being sent in a short period of time.

This error pops up when trying to send client event notifications and on email events.

Thanks in advance.

Johann

To add further information to my last post:

The error only seems to occur when i am debugging and run through the workflow pretty fast.

The error can occur either on the first e-mail the workflow sends out or on any of the subsequent ones.

According to a few hours of google-ing i have seen that this might be a problem with K2 not closing the connection to the smtp server, the smtp server subsequently timing out the connection on its end and K2 then eventually trying to reuse the connection that the smtp server closed on its end.

This is most definitely not a spam thing as i have spoken to our post master and the k2 server is not being blocked since there are only 2-3 emails a minute being sent.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Johann

Hi Johann,

There can be various resons like yr "FROM" in SMTP is not configured correctly or

It is an SMTP Virtual server issue, load up IIS and

• Right click Default SMTP Virtual server.
  • Change IP address to All Unassigned

Cheers

Vivek

Thanks for that but it does not resolve my issue. I have talked to everyone and no one seems to know what is wrong. The mail server does not give any notification of errors.

Maybe I am not understanding this mail sending process well enough.

Can anyone describe to me what steps K2 takes when sending email. Is there an intermediary service/step between the K2 server and the actual mail server?

Many thanks

Johann