Skip to main content

I'm having an issue with nested repeating tables.The first outer repeating section works with the nested repeating section clicked several times as expected. When I click the outer repeating section, the next set of inner section(s), when clicked, will not show up until another outer repeating section is selected, and the previous inner sections overlaps it. It almost looks like a CSS problem. This happens with all browsers we use, (IE 10 & 11, Chrome and FireFox)

Hi David,

Any form rules going on inside of your repeating section on various controls?  If so, this could def. cause this issue.  You can put the controls with rules on them inside of panels and this usually fixes the issue.  Sometimes it just takes adjusting or moving the controls around a bit to get them work correctly also.

Just to clarify, put the rule on the panel once you place the controls inside the panel instead of on the individual controls.

Thanks,

Mike

That is definitely happening. I’ll try moving them around then.

I placed my controls within a panel and put the rule on the panel.  It is still not resolving the issue.  The controls are rendering in a funky manner each time the +Add item is clicked.

It can be tricky and frustrating to deal with this situation.   It can be resolved though with a lot of patience by tweaking the placement of the controls, making sure they are not overlapping one another (leave a square between each on the designer), and ensuring that you removed the rules from the individual controls (as you've mentioned you applied to the panel).  I've encountered and solved it more than once by just playing with the controls.  In some cases, deleting the existing controls and replacing them has helped too.   Just curious, what sort of controls do you have in the section?   I've found controls like Rich Text editor to be the worst.

Well, I'm too old for patience!  laugh.png  I have deleted and re-added each control one by one.  I have left the validating rules on individual controls, but the formatting rules are on the panels.  I have spaces (squares) between controls.

DESIGN MODE

State 1

EDIT MODE - Nothing selected

Edit Mode

Mileage panel is to display if Expense Type is mileage and Expense Amount is auto-calculated.

Mileage

Travel panel is to display if Expense type is Airfare, Lodging, or Car Rental:

Travel

Expense Amount is auto-calculated (no input) if Expense type is Cell Phone.

Cell phone

EDIT MODE - Nothing selected, additional expense added

Overlap

I will try again.  Hopefully I can get this resolved before my Eagles play the Giants at noon CST!

Given that my team was Chip-wrecked, we are doing much better than I anticipate.  At least we've dumped Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez.  Now if we can just get some receivers or a caliber RB to complement Sproles, I'll be happy!

Whoa!  I hope y'all whoop 'DEM 'BOYS on Sunday!

Try being a Browns fan for a year.

Ouch!  You win!

I resolved these overlaping issue after creating some more panels into the repeating section.

Nintex Form:

Edit mode with hiding rule:

I noticed that an answer was marked correct, but the correct answer was not the original poster of the question.   ‌ did the answer was marked correct answer your question?

I ended up having to redo the repeating table. I did it by adding the default CSS with the labels and text fields, "nf-form-input nf-section," rather than our custom CSS. Once that was put in, the nested repeating tables worked beautifully.