Skip to main content

I have three different buttons on a form. I want to execute the get list method for views on the form when clicked. Each button will get list items with different filters. I'm not sure how I should go about configuring the input mapping to get list items in this instance.

10808i2E2BB8EAFCDDE454.jpg

The fields I want to display in my view are Location, Menu, Food Type and Restaurant. I want to use get list item to get list items and i'm going to have three buttons each with a different location filter.

I just can't figure out to configure this correctly. Should I busing ID to get input parameters? 

Hi Coru

If I understand your requirement correctly, you have a form with a list view on it and 3 buttons. When a user clicks a button you want to filter the list view by location.

I think the easiest way to achieve this is to configure a rule for each button that calls the Get List method for the ListView and then configure your filter in that rule. You can use the Input Mappings or the Filter options, but you will need to hard code the filter value for each button rule (e.g. if they click a button "Sydney" then you would type "Sydney" in the Location field in the input mappings, or create a Filter Location = "Sydney".

Another way to approach this would be to have a single drop down instead of the 3 buttons. This way you can set your drop down to use the Locations as the data source (or alternatively use static items) and then you only need to configure one rule for when the drop down changes. You can then pass the value of this drop down into the input mappings or filter.

Beautiful.

I don't know how I didn't figure that out yesterday. I think I need to sleep more haha. It seems very obvious now that you said it.

Thanks for the answer andrew!