Skip to main content

I have a sharepoint list - Legal Requests

and another - SubmitterDirectorMap

When a user submits a legal request, the workflow should create a task and assign it to the submitters 2 directors, by looking up the submitter in the SubmitterDirectorMap and finding his 2 directors.

I have smart objects for all.

When I get to the Participants part of creating the workflow on the LegalRequest, the context doesn't include the SubmitterDirectorMap.  I can see the smart objects in designer.  But not from the workflow.  I tried creating an association between the LegalRequest smart object and the SubmitterDirectorMap smart object.  Still no.

Any suggestions?  

1. You should look under "Context Browser > Smartobjects". If you don't find it there.. try second step.

2. When you created smartobject for "SubmitterDirectorMap", you should have seen option "Allow this Smartobject to be used in WOrkflow for this"... did you select default option "List Library"? If yes, you need to change it to "site and all of it's subsites".

In Workflow Designer in the Participants group you can edit the task group and add task groups if needed. Thiss will allow you to put logic in the workflow as to who receives it.

13503i49E14A86B2116A3D.png

Then I chose the edit task group option. I chose the option to send the workflow step based on the following conditions.

16673i06004918FA0E979C.png

When editing the Task Group you should see your SmartObject. :)

Please let me know if this helped.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters