Skip to main content
K2 has a 'My Process Web Part' for MS Sharepoint Portal. It is a useful component that allows user to view processes that they have participated in. I would like to achieve the same result on my web application, which API do I use?
Hi,

The MyProcess Webpart was built using the Workspace Web Services. To build similar functionality, you refer to
KB000021. This KB article contains the documentation and some sample code in using the web service.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Johnny
Hi Johnny, thanks for the help. I managed to get it work somehow in my application but there's a few issues here.

First, the documentation states that if I use 'ProcessInstance', both 'ProcName' and 'Folder' are manadatory fields. It seems that this is not the case as I managed to retrieve results even if I delibrately leave out the 'Folder' parameter or the 'ProcName' parameter. So how does this filtering mechanism actually works?

Second, I realise that the recordset returned by the sample Windows application is different from the one returned by my web application. Using 'ProcessInstance' as an example, I get the following fields for my web application in the following order:

Process_Folio
Start_Date
Finish_Date
Originator
Status
Duration
BestProcessInstanceID
Best_Folio
Best_Name
Best_Time
WorstProcessInstanceID
Worst_Folio
WorstName
Worst_Time
Average_Time
RecCount

I get a lot more fields with the sample Windows application in the following order:

ProcessInstanceID
Description
Process_Name
Folder
Start_Date
Finish_Date
Originator
Status
Process_Folio
Folio
Expected_Duration
Priority
Duration
BestProcessInstanceID
Best_Folio
Best_Name
Best_Time
WorstProcessInstanceID
Worst_Folio
WorstName
Worst_Time
Average_Time
ProcessInstance
ProcessDuration
ProcessID

Fields in italics are fields unique to web or Windows application respectively.