Skip to main content

Greetings everyone,

I have a question regarding multiple work items within a single slot.

In our process, we have a "Supervisor approval" activity that contains a single slot.  By default, this approval task is always assigned to a supervisor.

However, our ASP.NET application also allows supervisors to assign delegates externally (not from the K2 Workspace).  The delegates are stored in a SmartObject called DelegateAssignments.

When a Request is made, the application checks the DelegateAssignments SmartObject and see if the supervisor has selected delegate(s).  If so, work items are created for these delegates.

Ideally, we would like the supervisor and his delegates to be able to open the approval work items at the same time.  However, the behavior I am seeing is that as soon as one person opens his work item, other peoples' work items change from "Available" to "Allocated" and they are not accessible until released.

My question is, is there a way to implement this so that the supervisor and his selected delegates can all access the work items?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help!

Brian

There are 2 main options available:

1. Select the "Create a slot for each destination" option. This will allow all destinations to work on the item regardless. Just a note however, this can cause "double-work" as more than 1 users can be working on the item at the same time (and this is the reason the slot concept has been implemented).
  2. When you call the OpenWorklistItem method, do not allocate a slot (set Allocate parameter to false). This will allow all users to access the item similar to point 1, but I would recommend adding a button to say "I own this", which will then call the OpenWorklistItem method and allocating the task to the user when they start working on it, thus preventing "double-work".