Skip to main content

We have a computer request workflow that lists everything a user would request with a new computer. The workflow goes to the Help Desk where a ticket gets created into Jira. What I'm looking for is the builder to be able to access the form and add the PO number from the box. I would love to have this part of the form hidden from users until it gets to the builder. What is the best way to go about this? I can provide examples of my form and workflow if it would help.

I am still new to this but slowly learning and using the resources here. I know you can do an Update Item in the workflow but honestly didn't know if that would be the best way to go about this. Appreciate all the help.

Hi Michael,

You can use the inline function fn-IsMemberOfGroup in the control settings for your PO number field, the example below is assuming you have a SharePoint group named Builders that contains the relevant people.

155068_pastedImage_0.png

Jan

Jan, that is a big help. Thank you for the advice and the visual example.

Question though, the workflow has already started, so how can I get that already started form to him that he can update. Also, when he clicks save, would it start the workflow over again?

Hi Michael,

If you could provide a screenshot of your workflow that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Jan

computerrequest.PNG

Basically, after the last approval status is when I would want to start the PO part of the workflow, as he will be grabbing the part from stock and will have the number then.

Thanks Michael,

Do you need to track what the builder is doing? For example, if the builder doesn't enter the PO number in a timely way do you need to be able to audit this?

Thanks

Jan

That would be helpful. It is a necessary step he will have to complete.

Hi Michael,

Probably the simplest way to do this then would be to use the Assign to-do Task action, this allows you to send an email to the Builders group with a link to the form and also creates a task that allows you to monitor progress. Your workflow will wait until the task is completed before continuing.

There is a really good article here, Build a Better Nintex Workflow "Assign To-Do Task" Form that explains how you can add fields to the task form, so you can add a PO Number field directly in the task form for the Builders group to fill in.

When the task is completed, you can read the PO Number from the task and update the current item with the information.

Hope that helps but don't hesitate to ask if you're stuck.

Jan

Thanks for this. I'm still not quite sure how to get the form to him after the workflow has started though. It would go to the builder after a couple approval steps.