Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a scenario that a worklist is sent to multiple users and all of them need to work on it and say approve or reject.

Now the problem is that in case even if 1 person rejects, I need to send the workflow to the originator saying the worklist was rejected else if it is approved by everybody, originator receives workflow saying that everybody approved. The destination rule has been set as Plan per destination -> All at once so as to send all the users a copy of worklist to work on.

Now all approved scenario works easily by putting configuring outcome as "All slots of Action Result = Approve". I am facing trouble configuring the outcome for second scenario of even 1 user rejecting the worklist.

I tried configuring as "All slots of Action Result <> Approve" but it does not work, dont know why.

I tried "At least 1 of Action Result = Reject". It gave problem that if the first user rejects, the worklist goes off from all the other users.

Can somebody help me in resolving this issue?

Regards,

Ritesh

I think you are experiencing expected behavior.  But i must admit i have not had a second cup of coffee yet.  I am a tad confused though.  If one of the approvers rejects it, why would you still want the others to have the worklist item on their lists. It seems that if one rejects the request it would not matter what the others do.  Or am i reading it wrong?

I agree with Chrisg.  It sounds like what you are experiencing is expected behavior as well as what you describe is not logic.  That being said I think it can still be achieved.

Below are a series of screenshots that attempt to show how to approach this.

First you'll see the simple process definition.  The activity called "Review" has been configured to do something similar to what you are looking for.  I then show the "Configure Actions" where I simply have the "Approved" and "Declined" decisions.  Then I move on to the "Configure Options".   By default there would simply be 2 default outcomes, but I've altered things a bit.  Each Outcome has a red-arrow showing how I configured the logic for each of the outcomes.  Notice especially the 2nd and 3rd ones, where I'm checking for subsets of Declined ones.  I'm also use the "All Slots = Empty" to make sure that all slots have responded.  Note: the "oEmpty Value]" portion is put in automatically by K2 when you don't enter a value; it is not something that you need to physically type in when configuring the rule.

I'm not sure what I have modeled meets your exact scenario, but hopefully it is enough to get you going.

16886i14723795E0E4CCE9.jpg

Hi Chris,

It is the requirement that all the approvers should work on the worklist and approve/reject it. I can't help it.

Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I think it will definetely help me. I will try out and let you know if it works for me. I was not aware of checking the slots.

Thanks & Rgards,

Ritesh

Bob,

It works.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ritesh

Bob,

It works.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ritesh