Skip to main content

Greetings.  Is it possible to have the same SO method integrated into one InfoPath form?  For example, let's suppose I have a list called PurchaseRequestSettings.  This list is used to store the drop down list values for the Purchase Request InfoPath form.  The list has two columns: Setting Name, Setting Value and could have the following items:

HardwareLaptop
HardwareMonitor
HardwareHard Drive
ReasonNew purchase
ReasonReplacement

I can currently execute the PurchaseRequestSettings.GetList method, filtering with 'Hardware', and bind the 'hardware' drop down list to the GetList return properties.  OR I can execute the same method, filtering with 'Reason', and bind the 'reason' drop down list to the GetList return properties.  I cannot bind both drop down lists to the same method's return properties because they would contain the same data. 

If I could have the same method integrated into the same form more than one time, this problem goes away and I can use one list to store all of the drop down list values.  My original question is somewhat rhetorical, but does anyone have any thought on how to accomplish this other than having a list that maps to each individual drop down list?  I am using Forms Services.

Be the first to reply!