Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a smartobject with two fields: Department and User Email addresses

I want Account Managers to add User Email addresses to this smartobject. I use this smartobject in my E-mail Event TO field in a Workflow to email the Users. Format on the TO is: smartobjectname.Load.User Email addresses

Problem is I want to allow the Account Managers to add multiple email addresses to that department.

I have created an editable list view and done the front end form. The form loads the Smartobject filtered by their own department. The view shows the two fields Department and Email Address. If they try to add a row and use the same Department, K2 complains that the dpeartment name is the same and refuses to save it.

So I thought if I could keep just one DEPARTMENT record and populate the User Email Addresses field instead. in the User email address field, I have tried adding multiple emails addresses in the format (email1@me.com, email2@me.com) but the workflow is only sending it the emailt o the first user. I also tried using a ; to seperate the email addresses, but that doesnt work either.

Can anyone shed any light on how to do this?

Thanks

Is the deprament filed a primary key. Is so It will complain because the primary key annot be the same. Try removng the primary key constraint or make it a composite primary key wiht both the email and department.

Hope that helps  

Thanks for your reply, I think this is probably the wrong route to take, as my approval event just uses AD group,s so if i use Smartobjects to store users email addresses as well, then this will be an issue.

Is there a way to edit an AD Group membership using K2 Smartforms??????

That way, I can use the AD Group in my Approval and any subsequent emails down the line (and no need for any smartobject duplication of users)

Hi Sharpharp1,.

Active directory certainly can be manipulated through K2.  There's some neat active directory smartobjects that you can fire in order to do the needed things.  Check out both active directory smartobjects through the service tester.

Regards,

Mike

Also, just as a side note, there is currently a problem where, if you send multiple email addresses, and one of them is blank, even if the rest are valid, the whole thing will fail. It's going to be addressed in a future release and there are some workarounds for now.

Thanks for the replies,

I want to be able to allow certain users to add/remove and view existing members of AD Groups, can anyone give an example on how to do this with K2?

Thanks