Skip to main content

Hi team

In smart object tester utility , we have methods GetUser for AD Service 2 (under Smart Object Explorer).

This method only take one parameter for one field
It means that if we want to execute GetUser method for two users (say with email a@a.com and b@b.com and so on  for Email Field ) it will not accept that
See screenashot,attached

Do i have to for create new method for this OR any other workaround is there ?

My scenario is like  below

In the simple  workflow , I have process workflow variable which has multiple emails assigned to it . Now they will act as destination user for next activity 

So i m not getting anything on how to move ahead

1) Isue described above if my first Issue 

2) Another Issue , if any of the user in variable (described above ) approves the document  then it should be considered as : Approved 

and if anyone rejects then its considered as Rejected . I guess its something related to Slots

Please guide me on this 

I ma using K2 studio with 4.6.11 version 

Regards

Manoj

15630iCB366B1358E233E1.jpg
14760iA45C84BD0FEFC3D4.jpg
15402iDB34EA52FEC2AB92.jpg

@Manoj_Accenture, 

I am doing a little research into Active Directory Service 2.  I have an idea,  haven't tested it yet, but see if you like it. 

Is it possible to create a group, using the AD group SmartObject.

add a@a.com and b@b.com to the group.

Then use the Get UsersByGroup method on the group that you created. 

This is a Load Method which will return all the users in the specified Group. 

Let me know if that gets you started on part 1. 

@Manoj_Accenture,

I was looking through this training: http://help.k2.com/k2lm-200aus.aspx When you are assigning the tasks, you can click a box that will  Resolve all roles and groups to users. If you could do the previous step I posted and add the users you need to a group, then you could  Resolve all roles and groups to users. That would keep you from having to query the users one at a time, and if you look at the 200 aus training, it will show you how to make all approval and 1 reject. The first lab covers all of that. 

per the lab;

K2 will create a slot for each user in each group in the destination rules (Slot option)  There are 2 destination sets for the activity: Finance (who will always receive all tasks) and HR (who will only receive the task if the process folio is equal to HR)  The activity will complete if 2 users select “Approve”, or will complete if 1 user selects “Reject”

I hope that helps. 

Hi

Its not feasible to create Group in Active directory. 

Is there any other workaround for my first issue?

Thanks and Regards 

Manoj

Hi Manoj_Accenture,

In reference to it not being fesiable to create an active directory group, you could perhaps create a K2 role, and then add users to that role.  Essentially it will function as a group.  You can then use the UMUser/UMGroup smartobjects to "Get role users".

Regards,

Mike

@Manoj_Accenture, 

Are you using K2 for sharepoint 2010, K2 for Sharepoint 2013,  K2 Studio, K2 for Visual Studio, K2 Designer? 

Chad

Hi Chad

I am using k2 studio with Sharepoint 2013.

Thanks and Regards

Manoj

Hi Mike

I guess you can not add users into role from variables . Users can be added in k2 Role only from K2 workspace, 

Thanks and Regards

Manoj