Multilingual

• 26 October 2012
  • 37 replies

Show first post

37 replies

Badge +3

@MdenHeijer

Sorry I should have been clearer. I have three langage XML file (Language1, Language2, Language3) and want to only load each XML depending on what form you are loading.

So for instance:

Form1 --> Language1 XML

Form 2 --> Language2 XML

Form 3--> Language3 XML

Now, I have a header view that is part for all three forms (Form1, Form2, Form3) and contains this language control. I want to be able to dynamically populate the resource file properlty of this control and have it load the XML based on the form that the user is on. I can easily put this control on each of the Form but thought if I can do it programmatically, it would be easier.

thank you

-lee

Badge +3

Has anyone got this thing to translate a Title for a List View? It will translate the title for Item view but does not for a List View. 

Badge +5

I have downloaded the above mentioned zip file. Kindly help me proceed with next  step. 

And is that above set language control support for "K2 Five".

Badge +6

Greetings,

K2 Language Pack installation is the pre - requisite for above control. Please help on this.

Thank you in advance,

Badge +6

Greetings,

I have downloaded set language control from http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Multilingual/ba-p/1049  and kindly help me proceed on next step. Should need to deploy the dll into K2 installation folder directory

Also do i need to install K2 Language Pack before to use this control. Kindly help on this.

Kindly let me know if any other option to achive the above requirement.

@jan

Can you explain how did you used this multilingual control with a K2 five platform please ? (Installation, configuration) ?

Thank you

Badge +6

Hi @Efix,

In my remember, I have just followed the instructions file which it's in the root of the zip package.

Cheers,

Jan

Badge +3

I discovered that this Language control only accepts 2 resource files.

Let's assume you have a form called TESTTranslation with the following labels.

• Type a value
  • Comment
  • Note Date

Create a resource file called TEST1.xml that contains the translation for Type a Value.

Create a resource file called TEST2.xml that contains the translation for Comment.

Create a resource file called TEST3.xml that contains the translation for Note Date.

Now, place the  "Set Language" control onto the form and add TEST1,TEST2,TEST3 into the Resource file/s properties box. You should see that this control will only translate what is in the first and second (TEST1, TEST2) files. Play with the order to verify.

Can this be recode this to see more than two resource files?

Thank you

Hi I download the zip file and open the k2 smartforms SetLanguage instructions.docx Then tried to install but I couldn't find the ‘K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage Installer VXX.exe’ Feel confused... Anyone can help? Thank you
Badge +3
We are getting this error when loading a form in IE. It would not load in Chrome at all. This started with a few machines (for IE) and then started spreading to more. Once we set the site to Compatibility View Mode, it started working again. Any ideas of what is going on here? Error Message: Type: System.NullReferenceException Source: K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage Method Base Member Type: Method Name: CreateChildControls Module Scope Name: K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage.dll Declaring Type Full Name: K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage.Language Stack Trace: at K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage.Language.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.Form.DoLoad()

We are successfully using and extending Adam's control. We got feature request to have possibility to set one of the control's property programmatically. I applied steps which are functional on another our custom control, but without success. Due to lack of documentation, I need help with this issue. I tried a lot of possibilities but I suppose, that these would be the correct one:

• ControlsInstallerProgram.cs I added:

• ControlsSetLanguageBehaviour.js I added:

Then I created view with this rule:

But the JavaScript function setProperty never fires.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you,

Jiri

Has anyone try this is K2 Five 5.4?

It can only show the default language, not able to switch language.

Anyone can help?

Thank you.