Skip to main content

I've had a Sharepoint application that runs Nintex for the past 6 years. Many of the workflows have "To-Do" tasks that are assigned to multiple people all are set to "First Response Applies". When a user responds all tasks are marked complete which allows the tasks to drop out of the Open Workflow Tasks assigned to that person. So once someone responds it looks like this:

214277_pastedImage_1.png

The only way to tell who responded is to check that the outcome is Continue instead of Not Required.

So recently we setup a new application which runs much the same way, the "To-Do" tasks are configured identically to allow the first response to apply - that part works fine and the workflow moves on after the first response. However the Task Status is remaining "Not Started" for all the users as opposed to being marked completed as it does on the Legacy app. So it looks like this:

214278_pastedImage_2.png

This means these items are still showing up on the users Task list even though they are no longer required to answer and officially the task is closed because the workflow is no longer running. Any ideas why these are not working the same? Is there a setting I am missing on the new application?

This actually doesn't match the documentation https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.ToDoTask.htm the other tasks for to do tasks should also be marked as Not Required.

Are you setting the task to Create Individual Tasks? Try not setting this. All users will get the notification though.

Right? I also thought they should be marked SOMEHOW to note that they are no longer necessary and until now they always have been. I am setting the task to Create Individual Tasks. All the task settings match the settings for the tasks on the application that is working correctly so I am stumped as to why this particular application is not working correctly. 

Is the % Complete set to 100 at least? I see the status as Completed. That should help

The task that was completed shows 100% but all the other tasks are just incomplete as seen by this view from the task list:

214285_pastedImage_1.png

OK after taking a fine tooth comb to my system I finally figured this out. After creating several workflows it finally occurred to me to check the Workflow Task list and sure enough the Nintex Workflow Task content type did not get added to the list. I added it manually and voila my tasks now close as expected. Why I had to add it manually I am unsure as I've never been required to before I'm not exactly sure but I'm assuming it is because all of our tasks have a custom content type and I didn't use any OOB Nintex Tasks which probably put that content type in the list.

Just wanted to share the resolution in case anyone else has this issue.

That would do it, thanks for sharing back.