Skip to main content
Hi,

Set up your cluster and then move the K2.net databases to the cluster.
Make sure to specify the virtual name as the SQL servername when updating all the K2.net related config files.
As long as K2.net is connecting to the virtual name it will support failover and will stay connected in the event of a failure of one of the nodes.

The most important thing from K2.net's perspective is that you change the config files (K2Server.config, Workspace>web.config, Workspaceservice>web.config) to point to the virtual servername.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JohanL
Hi,

I am running my production environment with the following setup without any issues for the last one year.

The current setup is

1) Web Server - Windows 2K3 with SP1, IIS6.0
2) K2 Server - Windows 2K3 with SP1, K2.Net SP3
3) SQL Server 2005 SP1

Now, I want to move the database server from single server to 2-node cluster (MSCS).

Can you share your experiences while moving DB from single server to 2-node cluster and highlight the places where I need to more careful.

Let me know if you require any other information.

Thanks,
Vinod
Thanks JohanL.

But, I have one more clarification required. I have used 2 cluster names for my cluster environment. One is Windows Cluster Name and the other one is my SQL Cluster Name.

So, in K2.Net's config files, which one should I use? Window's or SQL's ?

Hope you got my question.

Thanks,
Vinod K
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but you will use the SQL Virtual Server name in the config files to ensure database connectivity.

Regards,

JohanL
Thanks JohanL.

It worked out for me.

Thanks,
Vinod K