Skip to main content

Hi All,

Trying to upgrade my old workflow instance to a newly deployed workflow but can't able to find any concrete solution for the same. I know the instance which are into an Error stage can be moved to a new one through VS but how we should do it if the instance is in Active stage.

Thanks

Amit

Hi SMARTFORMSDev,

Typically, one would allow all current items in queue to complete using the old workflow, and then any new instances would be created against the most current workflow version.  That is the "expected" behavior in this case.  New instances will run against the new version, and any existing instances will run against the version that was active when the instance is created.

This may be something to take a look at: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Process-version-migration-utility/ba-p/785

Regards,

Mike

I have a also noticed that you can move proceses in error state to a new version of the workflow. Havent been able to figure out how to get old active workflows to run on the new version of the workflow yet. If its possible to move errored processses onto new besions then surely it must be possible for active processes. Very intrested in hearing from the K2 devs on this.